Low Upfront Payment
Fixed Right Promise
Whether you're about to embark on a new pool installation or are looking to resurface your outdoor space with pavers, wood deck or a concrete overlay, stamped concrete or even stained concrete, we have the qualifications, equipment, and hands-on knowledge to bring your deck resurfacing project to life.
Pool deck resurfacing in Tampa FL requires a professional pool deck contractor to ensure a quality finish. Contact Pool Decks of Tampa today for a free quote. Our highly trained technicians enable us to ensure excellent customer satisfaction on every new pool deck and pool deck resurfacing project.
Cool Deck Applications
Repairs, pavers, other projects
Everything was professional. They cleaned up after the the project and treated my back yard better than I could have imagined. Best service provider I have ever delt with.
Pool Decks of Tampa did such a beautiful job with our pool. We had recently moved into a house with a pool in need of TLC, with cracks in the surface and it just looked bad. They quoted us a fair price and came out and repaired all the cracks and re-stained the concrete surface with a beautiful new color. We love it! Would highly recommend Pool Decks of Tampa.
Really reasonable estimate, great options, pleasant people, clean, great result! Would recommend Pool Decks of Tampa to anyone!
You recently purchased a house with an existing pool
but with no proper deck surface. You need a new pool deck!
You already have a pool but it is surrounded by an unfinished pool deck surface and you want to install something beautiful and durable
Your existing pool deck is damaged, cracked, worn or faded and you want to update it
Your existing pool and/or pool deck (such as a
concrete pool deck) has structural issues that need to be addressed
Your house doesn't have a pool and you're looking to install a brand new one with an elegant pool deck and entertaining space
The swimming pool industry is a multi-billion dollar industry in the United States alone, and has seen significant growth with the construction of new pools every year. This naturally results in the need for new pool decks, and whether they be concrete pool decks, stained concrete, decorative concrete or stamped concrete pool decks, there are a multitude of pool deck resurfacing options and pool deck coatings homeowners have to choose from.
A large amount of precipitation falls over Florida, and that combined with hot temperatures lead to an unquenchable desire for swimming pools by residents in the state. As the number of swimming pools in Tampa Bay continues to rise, it's important to understand what factors contribute to their increase:
1) More homes in Florida are being built with swimming pools than ever before;
2) The growth of swim school franchises;
3) Swimming pool companies taking advantage of customers' desires for swimming pools;
4) The splash pad trend, which has grown in popularity since 2010
1. More homes in Florida are being built with swimming pools than ever before. The desire for swimming pools is not new to the state of Florida, but the number of swimming pool builds each year has increased drastically, either with homeowners adding them or pools being built with new homes. Builders have also taken advantage of current homeowners' desires for swimming pools by adding swimming pools as amenities in some planned communities. These swimming pools are often built with a heater, something that wasn't as popular in the past due to cost and environmental factors.
2. The growth of swim school franchises. In addition to more swimming pools being built, there has been a rise in swimming lessons at public swimming pools and affordable private swimming lesson programs such as those offered by the YMCA and other private swimming companies, many of which offer swim lessons year-round at indoor climate-controlled facilities for a flat monthly fee. With the large number of swimming pools in Tampa Bay and an increase in people wanting swimming lessons for their children at a reasonable rate, it is no surprise that the number of swimming lessons offered by private swimming companies has continued to rise.
3. Swimming pool and pool deck companies taking advantage of customers' desires for swimming pools. The high demand for swimming pools has helped lead to the creation of companies dedicated solely to swimming pool construction / renovations, which in turn has led to the rise in by-product companies like Pool Decks of Tampa. We do not build swimming pools, but we absolutely build and restore pool decks!
4. The splash pad trend, which has grown in popularity since 2010. In addition to swimming pools being built more often each year and swimming lessons being offered at an increasing rate by organizations such as the YMCA, there is also a growing trend for swimming pools to be replaced by splash pads in their place. In 2010 the city of Tampa began replacing swimming pools with splash pads when repaving swimming pool locations due to cost savings and environmental factors. A splash pad costs about $118,000, whereas a large swimming pool can cost up to $850,000 depending on the size and how much filtration equipment it requires.
When it comes to pool deck resurfacing options, there are many different types of materials that can be used in pool deck construction. Some materials are better for high traffic pools, while others are better suited to resist wear and tear from water over time. Some pool deck materials offer improved aesthetics, excellent durability, or a slip resistant texture. It is important to consult with a professional pool deck company such as Pool Decks of Tampa for proper advice when working with existing concrete, decorative concrete, or any concrete pool deck resurfacing project.
Concrete is the most common pool deck material. Concrete is versatile because it can be decorated in any pattern or design desired. It is highly weather resistant, durable against impacts, and requires little maintenance once it has been poured into place.
Concrete pool deck resurfacing is extremely popular, but needs to be done by a professional. Concrete pool deck pours should include raw materials that inhibit weed growth and algae buildup in between stones or bricks to allow proper drainage when people walk on it in wet conditions. Existing concrete can be repaired or poured over to lay a new pool surface. Concrete pool deck coatings are the most popular and cost-effective material on the Tampa Bay market.
Most sound concrete surfaces can be sprayed or trowel coated with concrete overlays. Some systems can also be stamped or stenciled to create patterns similar to those found in new concrete.
When your contractor resurfaces your pool deck, here are the stages to expect.
Prepare: The surface by grinding it or treating it with chemicals.
Clean: Any dust or debris will be removed using a broom and hose or a pressure washer.
Mix: The overlay product, as well as any integral colors, will be blended.
Apply: Cosmetic treatments are added after the material is sprayed or troweled on.
Seal: After the paint has dried, a sealer can be applied to ensure that your pool deck lasts for years.
Tip: Because certain coatings are designed to cure rapidly, you can give your pool deck a new look in as little as a day.
There are many qualities to look for and products available when it comes to new concrete pool decks. The most popular concrete pool deck options include:
Concrete overlay is an option if you want a pool deck that looks like brick pavers without having to go through the cost and work of installing them. Decorative concrete overlays also give you more color choices than plain concrete can, although these too should still be sealed periodically with a concrete sealer or concrete coating for protection. Concrete surfaces benefit from regular maintenance; a badly maintained concrete surface or concrete overlays can result in long-term pool deck issues.
Brick Paver Pool Deck Resurfacing
Brick pavers are an option if you want a more natural look than concrete offers. They provide lots of color choices but will require routine paver sealing to protect against staining, molding or mildew. Should be applied in a course pattern with each stone staggered to prevent the natural expansion of the material.
Resurfacing an existing concrete pool deck with brick pavers can be a cost-effective way to achieve the look you desire without starting from scratch. In many cases, the existing concrete can serve as a stable base for your new brick paver deck, provided it is in good condition and at least 4 inches thick.
Contact Pool Decks of Tampa to discuss your options if you are considering resurfacing your pool deck with brick pavers. At this time we are not taking new brick paver installation projects but would be happy to provide you with a free consultation on other options or refer you to a trusted partner.
Wood decks are another popular choice for deck resurfacing as they offer a cozy look and feel next to swimming pools, but they require regular maintenance to control splintering over time and exposure to weather conditions like rain and snow. Can also rot or turn fungus-inducing moldy if not properly treated and cared for. At this time, wood pool decks are not a product we offer.
Stone is a material that doesn't break down or splinter and can be quite durable, but it will need to be regularly resealed and maintained as well. This is typically an expensive option for
pool deck resurfacing, but if done right can give you a look of luxury and sophistication that makes the high cost worth it. Stone decks also offer outstanding slip resistance. At this time, we are unable to offer new stone decks but we certainly discuss repairs and potentially refer you to a partner.
Terracotta tiles are another popular choice because they provide lots of color choices and resist heat from the sun, but must also be regularly sealed against wear to prevent surface cracking. These should not be used where there may be algae growth to avoid rotting out the material underneath over time.
At this time, we are unable to offer new terracotta decks.
Some materials are better suited to handle splashes from water during swimming activities, while others are better for creating a safe walking surface. Some materials are better able to resist the effects of sun exposure over long periods of time, where others will fade or splinter with age and wear if not regularly sealed for protection.
It is important to hire a professional such as Pool Decks of Tampa to handle pool deck installation so that it is done correctly and your pool deck surfaces last as long as possible without becoming damaged from weather conditions or heavy use. The wrong type of material can cause injuries if it becomes slippery when wet or breaks up into sharp pieces that people trip on unexpectedly.
Different deck surfaces have different maintenance requirements as well, all of which should be considered carefully before you attempt to install your own pool deck material.
We typically charge by square foot, so you can be sure you will be given the most accurate pricing when it comes to your concrete pool deck, concrete coatings, brick pavers, wood pool decks or any other pool deck resurfacing materials.
Resurfacing your pool deck is less expensive than tearing it out and replacing it. Resurfacing a pool deck costs $3-$5 per square foot, compared to $6-$10 per square foot for a new surface with no ornamental possibilities. Naturally, as you add personalization, the price will grow.
See a more in-depth cost analysis of pool decks.
While you may be tempted to do your own resurfacing, it is strongly advised that you employ a professional contractor. Pool Decks of Tampa will be there to help you, and we can use our years of experience and knowledge to ensure that the job is completed according to your specification, on schedule, and without errors.
We Are Unrivalled In Quality & Workmanship
Get a free quote
Fill out the form below to request a free consultation
© Copyright 2023 Pool Decks of Tampa. All Rights Reserved.
Zip codes we serve: